Quitting smoking is hard…but there are many benefits!
- You will get more oxygen so you will have more energy and breathe easier
- You will have a healthier pregnancy
- Your pregnancy may be easier
- You can reduce the chances of having a miscarriage or still birth
- Food will smell and taste better
- You will save money that you can put twoards a special treat for yourself or for the arrival of your baby
What can you do?
Talk to your healthcare provider about quitting. They will support you and give you a lot of helpful information.
Plan to quit smoking:
1. Get Ready—Think about how quitting will help you and your baby. Set a quit date and stick to it.
2. Get support and encouragement—Ask family and friends to support you. Ask others not to smoke around you.
3. Be prepared to handle “slips”—Set a new date to get back on track.
For more information, please visit Health Canada’s “Quit Smoking” page at http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hc-ps/tobac-tabac/quit-cesser/ready-pret/index-eng.php