DID YOU KNOW THAT….
- The brain is the only organ not fully developed in a baby at birth?
- That each baby is born with about 100 billion brain cells just waiting to be connected?
- It is a baby’s experiences in life that develops the brain and makes these connections? They shape the way your baby thinks, feels, behaves and learns. A baby’s early experiences affect their lifelong health, learning and well being.
- That a child’s brain triples in size by age 3?
- That 90% of brain development happens by age 6?
The early years are the time to invest in your child.
5 WAYS TO BUILD YOUR BABY’S BRAIN:
- Interact with your baby – smile, sing, and talk to your baby
- Touch – touch your baby gently and lovingly. Hug your children often!
- Build Self Esteem – tell your baby how special she is and that you love her
- Provide a safe and healthy home environment
- Play with your baby. Babies learn through play and your time spent playing with her is much better than any toy you could buy.