A recipe for a very dear mother:
Take a cup of thoughtfulness
And add a lot of love,
Blend with smiles as warming
As the sunshine from above,
Add a cheerful spirit
And, of course, a heart that sings
And also the ability
To laugh at little things,
Stir in lots of tenderness
And understanding, too
And there you have the recipe
For mothers dear as you.
– Author Unknown –
Mother’s Day is a day to celebrate mothers, motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. There are many traditional ways to honor mom on her day.
Here are 6 things that kids can do for mom on Mother’s Day:
1) Make breakfast (maybe even in bed) – You can prep everything for your children beforehand to make it easier for them. For example, you can have fresh fruit available that they can put into a yoghurt sundae. Dad can also help with breakfast or you can make it together as a family.
2) Make a craft – Crafts are fun, educational and always a great keepsake. A footprint butterfly is a favorite of mine. It is a great way to document how little their fingers and toes were when they were small. All you need is some paint, paper, and cute little feet. Paint the bottom of their feet. Make them colorful. Be sure to take the time to enjoy the giggles as the brush paints their toes. Stamp the left foot as the right wing and the right foot as the left wing. For the finishing touches, paint antennae and a butterfly body. Your children can use their thumb to create the nubs atop the antennae. Then add a touch of glitter while the paint is wet just for fun.
3) Let your children draw a picture or card – then you can keep it forever by laminating it or embroidering it onto a keepsake tea towel.
4) Let mom sleep in – a little rest and relaxation never hurt anyone.
5) Pick a wild flower bouquet – just make sure it doesn’t come from the neighbors flower beds.
6) Run mom a bubble bath – with a little help, children could run you a nice warm bubble bath for you to have some mommy “me” time
No matter how you spend your Mother’s Day or what you get for her, always make sure it is filled with “I love you”, lots of cuddles, and little kisses and hugs.
Happy Mother’s Day!