For the best connections to be made in the brain your child needs….
1. To feel loved
- Comfort your child when he cries. Respond quickly and sensitively.
- Love your child and show them that you love them –no matter what!
- Sing a song or read a book with your child.
2. To eat a variety of foods
- Breast milk is the best food for your baby during the first six months. When your child is older, offer them other healthy foods.
- Let your child choose the amount of food to eat.
- Eat meals together.
3. To play in a manner that is age-appropriate
- Talk and sing to your baby when you dress her.
- Play with blocks and count them with your child
- Draw and color pictures with your child.
4. To be protected from harm at all times
- Keep your child’s play area safe.
- Teach your child rules when you cross the street.
Did you know??
- Your child’s brain starts to develop early in pregnancy and continues into the teenage years. The first six years are the most important for healthy brain development.
- Snuggling, rocking, talking, smiling and exposing your child to new experiences all help on creating “connections” between brain cells. The more these experiences are repeated, the stronger the connections become.
- When connections are made in the brain, your child learns to talk, read, show feelings and get along with others.
You Tube Videos: