Father’s Day is Dad’s special day and there’s no way Dad would rather spend it than together as a family. Let your kids take a front and centre role in planning activities for Father’s Day. This will make the day even more memorable as they show Dad how much they love him!
Start the day off right with a yummy breakfast for Dad. Let the kids choose the menu, but make sure it is something Dad likes and that the kids can help to prepare. Once breakfast is over, leave the dishes for later so that the family can enjoy their day with Dad.
Weather permitting; try some of these outdoor Father’s Day Activities:
- Let the kids wash Dad’s car.
- Play some family games, like sack races, 3 legged races, or “egg on a spoon” races.
- Go fishing
- Spend the day at the beach swimming, flying kites or building sand castles.
- End the day with a family barbecue
Don’t let rain or nasty weather spoil your day. There are many activities you can do indoors:
- Play family board games
- Watch some kid-friendly movies
- Build something together like a birdhouse or model airplane
- Read books together
- Have an indoor scavenger hunt
- End the day by preparing dad’s favourite foods as a family.
Your Father’s Day activities don’t have to be expensive or elaborate. Remember no matter what activity you choose, it’s the time that Dad is able to enjoy with his family that will make the day memorable!