Since 2007, the 3rd Monday in February has been designated as “Family Day” in Saskatchewan. This year Family Day falls on Monday, February 20th. Don’t let this day be just another “day off”, sitting and watching TV. Make this Family Day one that your children will remember and talk about for weeks and years to come. Spend some quality time and share some love doing fun things with your family today. Try a few of these some suggestions for Family Day Fun:
- Pack up some hot cocoa or soup, dress in layers and head outside to embrace winter. The possibilities are endless. Try hiking, ice-fishing, snow-shoeing, cross country skiing or downhill skiing. Build snowmen and make snow angels. Mix food colouring with water and pour into empty ketchup bottles for snow painting.
- Head on out to the rink. Lace up the skates and try your hand at figure skating or hockey. Broomball and curling can also be fun!
- Enjoy a horse-back or sleigh ride.
- Go for a Swim. Head to one of our Saskatchewan cities for a dip in a pool. Yorkton, Estevan, Weyburn and Regina all have great indoor pools for families to enjoy.
- Visit some of our Saskatchewan attractions. Try the Saskatchewan Science Centre or the Royal Saskatchewan Museum.
- Bake some cookies or make a family meal together.
- Play family board games or charades.
- Pop up some popcorn and enjoy a family movie night!
Have a wonderful and memorable Family Day!